For those who don’t read the Shepherd Express (and really, it’s everywhere in Milwaukee, so why wouldn’t you?), they are hosting an event this upcoming Friday at Catalano Square in Third Ward, called “Street Eats“. Essentially, it’s a gathering of food trucks from all over Milwaukee, with live music from J. Ryan Trio, beer from sponsor Lakefront Brewery on tap, and over 20 Milwaukee food trucks.
The event runs from 4-8pm on May 15th, so if you can swing out of work early that day, you’ll probably get the stuff that hasn’t sat around in a truck in May for an hour or two. (That’s not to say it won’t still be delicious, it just might not be quite as fresh.) Me? Not likely. I’ve got work until 5, all the way over in Wauwatosa, so I’ll probably be rolling in around 6 or 6:30. Keep in mind, though, the forecast calls for mid-70s and scattered thunderstorms, so if you want to come and hang around for a while, bring an umbrella and wear thinner clothes you won’t mind getting wet.
They seem inclined to mention on their site that they are selling Koozies and frisbee plates; those are cool, if you’re of a collecting nature, or you like merchandise that supports local Milwaukee ventures. For some reason, though, they don’t list prices for the strangely-required food tickets on Shepherd Express’ site.
The vendors are as follows:
- YellowBellies (Pulled-meat sandwiches and fries)
- Meat on the Street (Filipino-infused meats w/ vegan options)
- Bavette la Boucherie (French butcher shop cuisine; in Third Ward*)
- Margarita Paradise (Authentic Mexican food; in the Public Market*)
- Mom N’ Popcorn (Popcorn & goodies; seasonal resident of Catalano Square)
- Simmer Truck (Soups & paninis; on Water Street downtown*)
- Eats & Treats Food Truck (Burgers, ice cream, waffles, open since 1982)
- Hard Wood Cafe (Tons of pork preparations, burgers, dogs, fries)
- Lakefront Brewery (Local microbrews on tap; in Brewer’s Hill*)
- Buddha’s BBQ (Ribs, pulled pork, brisket and dogs)
- Burgermeister (Gourmet burgers w/ alt. patty options, homemade chips/fries)
- Hattie’s (Gourmet sliders, chicken marsala & portable desserts)
- Club Charlies (American pub fare; in Third Ward*)
- Street-Za (Gourmety pizza by the slice, “The #1 Food Truck in the U.S.”)
- Oscar’s On A Roll (Pub burgers and fries; on Pierce in West Allis*)
- Denson’s Catering (Southern-blend sandwiches, burgers, tacos)
- Chilango Express (Mexican + special toppings; in West Allis/Walker’s Point*)
- Xiong Family Foods (???)
- Falafel Guys (Falafel, shawarma, eggplant sandwiches)
*Restaurants marked with an asterisk are ones with permanent locations other than their truck.
The Facebook event is accessible here.